Math & Robotics
MATH TUTORING (Grades 1 to 12)
Renaissance offers a high level Math tutoring for Grade 1 to 12 students, as well as two levels in the LEGO’s program (Grade 3 to 6 and Grade 7 to 12 students).
To improve the math learning experience for you or your child, it might be wise to consider retaining the services of a math tutor. Renaissance offers an excellent tutoring experience. Our tutors are equipped with skills and the ability to identify the best way to convey the material in a way that matches the individual needs of the learner. Our tutor has a graduate degree in Mathematics and uses a teaching method that teaches practice makes perfect. We also offer math tutoring to children K-12 in a full French immersion environment following nationally recognized French immersion curriculum.
The Renaissance Math and Robotics program is offered at two levels: the Junior First Lego League (Jr.FLL) and the First Lego League (FLL). The program powered by FIRST, the internationally recognized science and technology not-for-profit for children of all ages.
Junior FIRST LEGO League (Jr.FLL)
Jr.FLL captures young children’s inherent curiosity and directs it toward discovering the wonders of science and technology. This program features a real-world scientific concept to be explored through research, teamwork, construction, and imagination. Guided by adult Coaches, teams use LEGO®bricks to build a model that moves and develop a Show-Me Poster to illustrate their journey.
Children ages 6 to 9 get to:
1. Design, build, a challenge- related model using LEGO components
2. Create a Show-Me poster and practice presentation skills and begin developing teamwork skills
3. Explore challenges facing today’s scientists and discover real-world math and science
4. Choose to participate in events and celebrations
5. Engage in team activities guided by Jr.FLL Core Values
FIRST LEGO League
Introduces younger students to real-world engineering challenges by building LEGO-based robots to complete tasks on a thematic playing surface. FLL teams, guided by their imaginations and adult coaches, discover exciting career possibilities and, through the process, learn to make positive contributions to society.
Elementary and middle-school students get to:
1. Design, build, test and program robots using LEGO MINDSTORMS® technology.
2. Apply real-world math and science concepts
3. Research challenges facing today’s scientists
4. Learn critical thinking, team-building and presentation skills
5. Participate in tournaments and celebrations
What FLL teams accomplish is nothing short of amazing. It’s fun. It’s exciting. And the skills they learn will last a lifetime.